If you have any problems, questions, or complaints about service or representations made by real estate licensees, please contact our office.
The Idaho Real Estate Commission enforces the Idaho real estate license law (regulation of Idaho brokers and sales associates). The Commission has no jurisdiction over ethics violations or civil matters such as contract, commission or earnest money disputes.
For more information on these topics, contact:
- Title Insurance – Department of Insurance
- Mortgage Lending and Banking – Department of Finance
- Appraisers and Appraisals – Bureau of Occupational Licenses
- Consumer Protection Act – Attorney General
The State of Idaho does not regulate property managers, homeowners associations, or home inspectors.
Idaho License Law & Rules (Idaho Code 54-2001, et seq. and IDAPA 24.30.01)
Idaho Property Condition Disclosure Act (Idaho Code 55-2501, et seq.)
Subdivided Lands Registration
The Idaho Real Estate Commission administers the Subdivided Lands Registration Act, found on the Library page of the website, which requires registration of time shares and some subdivision projects for those who market to Idaho residents. Please contact our office if you have any questions about this law. Forms are available on the Forms page of the website.
IREC participates in the ARELLO Timeshare Registry (ATR), which has been adopted by nearly 50% of the U.S. jurisdictions that require timeshare developers to register their projects. Idaho offers a discounted fee for registrants who use the ATR.
Short Sale & Foreclosure Information
Some short sale and foreclosure practices are legal, and others are not. If you have any questions, contact one of the following agencies for assistance:
The Real Estate Commission has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Attorney General, the Department of Finance, and the Department of Insurance to share information about possible short sale and foreclosure fraud.
Read the Attorney General’s office guidance to consumers about short sales and foreclosures.
The Federal Trade Commission also offers advice to consumers about foreclosures and short sales. Visit their website to learn more about foreclosure rescue scams.
- Verified Complaint Form (REE-004) can be found on the Forms page of the website
- Complaint Process Flow Chart
- Investigative & Hearing Process can be found on the Library page of the website
- Real Estate Recovery Fund
- Broker Bulletins can be found on the Library page of the website
- Guidelines can be found on the Library page of the website
- License Law & Rules Booklet can be found on the Library page of the website
- Trust Account Form Notification Form (REE-088) can be found on the Forms page of the website
- ARELLO Timeshare Registry
- Subdivided Lands Registration Application (REE-129) can be found on the Forms page of the website
- Subdivided Lands Registration Renewal (REE-128) can be found on the Forms page of the website